FIND YOUR NEW PROPERTY

Hampton Road, Chingford , London. E4 8NJ

£500,000 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms

Main Photo
Not Specified
Not Specified
Not Specified
Not Specified
Sold STC
5
Fullscreen Gallery
  • Overview
  • Floorplan
  • Brochure
  • EPC
  • Map
  • Street View
  • Nearby
  • Directions
  • Full width extention
  • Beautifully renovated
  • Three bedroom end of terraced house
  • Chain free
  • Underfloor heating
  • Kitchen Diner
  • Additional information
  • Reception Rooms 2
  • Style End Terrace
  • Garden Rear
  • Parking Driveway
  • Conservatory No
  • Renovation No

Full description

This beautiful three bedroom family home has been through a fantastic transformation. The current owners have gone to great lengths to ensure that the property has been restored to very high specifications with features such as under floor heating in the ground floor shower room and kitchen diner, lighting in the ceiling coving and a fully integrated kitchen. The extension to the rear has created a larger than average kitchen diner with two skylights ensuring that this remains a very bright and spacious area.

Chingford Mount is an area near Chingford in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. The name refers to the shopping area located around A112/A1009 crossroads, though it is also used for the hill leading north from the crossroads to Chingford Old Church. The original name for this hill was Merry Hill or Church Hill. Many of the buildings were erected in the 1930s to Art Deco designs. The impressive Chingford Odeon cinema, an original Oscar Deutsch building designed by Andrew Mather and opened in September 1935, was demolished in 1972 to make way for a supermarket. North of the shopping area and opposite the Old Church is Chingford Mount Cemetery. Opened in May 1884, 41 acres in size, it was laid out on the site of the house and grounds of Caroline Mount. Among those buried in the cemetery are the Kray twins and other members of their family. The cemetery contains the war graves of 137 Commonwealth service personnel of World War I and 182 of World War II, with the names of those whose graves have no headstones being listed on a low screen wall surrounding the War Graves Plot in Section F13.[1] To the south of the shopping area is St Edmund's Parish Church. Built in 1939, it was designed by the architect N.F. Cachemaille-Day and is a grade 2 listed building. Until the 1850s, this part of Chingford was solely farmland, with Cherrydown Farm to the north of the crossroads and Normanshire Farm to the south of it. In the second half of the nineteenth century, the Prince Albert Inn was built at the crossroads. Though cottages and houses were later built along Old Church Hill, shops only began to appear once the tramway was extended to the Albert Corner in 1904. The name was firmly established by 1923, when the section of Chingford Road from the Chingford-Walthamstow boundary to the crossroads was renamed Chingford Mount Road.

Zoopla Area Information

  • People Statistics
  • Education Statistics
  • Council Tax Statistics
  • Crime Statistics
Provided by Zoopla
  • People
  • Education
  • Council Tax
  • Crime

Select a category to view nearby places...

Place reviews are independently created by the real people on Google Places, not by Victor Michael.

  • Food
  • Health
  • Schools
  • Pubs
  • Night Life
  • Supermarket